Filing of Material Tranfer Agreement

Home Forums General Discussion Forum Filing of Material Tranfer Agreement

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Antwanette Heyns
      Participant

Please advise where the Material Transfer Agreement (MTA) should be filed according to the TMF Reference Model. This is for transfer of samples form one laboratory to another. Thank you kindly, Antwanette

Eldin Rammell
      Participant

Would 08.02.02 Central & Local Testing\Sample Documentation\Shipment Records be appropriate? This seems the most logical place to me. The only issue is that the “definition/purpose” is not strictly accurate, describing records related to “any one shipment”. I cannot see any other relevant filing location so my personal view is to file in 08.02.02 and update the description of the artifact along the lines of “To capture information related to the shipment of samples”.

An alternative approach for a future revision to the Reference Model (in the absence of a more obvious filing location in the model) might be 08.02.04 Central & Local Testing\Sample Documentation\Sample Import or Export Documentation and amend the artifact name and definition/purpose to cover any kind of record that is required to allow the shipment of samples (not just import/export). This could cover import/export documents but would then also cover MTAs and other shipment agreements or licenses.

Just a suggestion. How have others handled MTAs? What recommendation have the sub-artifact team made on this document?

Mohlabane Majoe
      Participant

The most appropriate filing location for MTA is 08.02.04 (Definition: To provide the necessary documentation required per country to allow for importation/exportation of samples). The MTA can be filed at the country or site level of the TMF.

Eldin Rammell
      Participant

Would that be an appropriate location for an MTA that is relevant for transfer within a single country ie no import/export transfers involved?

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.