CSV files

Home Forums Archiving CSV files

Tagged: 

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      Benjamin Tsiflidis
      Participant

Dear all,
      I received CSV files (eCRF data) for filing into the TMF.
      Is this format compatible for long-term retention as part of TMF archiving or would you convert it to another file format (e.g. PDF-A).

Thx & Kind regards,
      Benjamin

Nicole Hammerle
      Participant

Typically those files are hard to read when printed, so we usually keep the files on a USB or flashdrive in the TMF (if using a paper TMF). I look forward to hearing what others have been doing.

Agree. Those files are hard to read when converted to pdf. The recommendation is to retain the native format. If you have a eTMF, your system may allow to upload documents in their native format.

Kathie Clark
      Participant

MHRA discourages “live date” (Excel, SAS, etc.) from being stored exclusively as “flat files”.

However I would look to find a better archival medium than flash drives as these are not considered reliable or stable over the long term, and are subject to viruses, leading many organizations to ban their use.

Kathie Clark
      Participant

MHRA discourages “live date” (Excel, SAS, etc.) from being stored exclusively as “flat files”.

However I would look to find a better archival medium than flash drives as these are not considered reliable or stable over the long term, and are subject to viruses, leading many organizations to ban their use.

Kathie Clark
      Participant

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.